Revision Date: 11st March 2022
NOTICE OF PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
【Customers, Service Providers, and Business Partners】
HantarGo Express Company, including its Malaysian branches, is committed to keeping people’s personal information (“customers and clients”) safe and secure. We hope that this Notice makes you know how we manage individual information about our data subjects that we collect and how data subjects can regulate our disclosure of such information. HantarGo Express Company is subject to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, and this Notice aims to detail how we propose to deliver all of the rights and safeguards to data subjects.
Personal Information Security
We place a premium on the protection of personal information about customers. We protect this information by maintaining physical, technological, and administrative safeguards that meet or exceed applicable laws. We train our representatives to handle personal information as professionally as possible. When we use third-party vendors to provide services to us, we expect them to protect the privacy of personal information that is transmitted to them.
What personal data information data do we gather and how do we collect it?
Personal data refers to any information that relates directly or indirectly to an individual, who is identified or identifiable from that information or from that and other information in HantarGo Express Company’s possession, including any sensitive personal data and expression of opinion, video recordings made through closed circuit security video surveillance placed for security reasons, and audio recordings about the individual.
Personal data collected by us may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, other contact information, occupation, age, marital status, financial information such as your income or income tax particulars. your identification card or passport, birth date, credit history, and transaction records.
In the situation that you do not provide such personal data/sensitive personal data, HantarGo Express Company may be unable to provide you with effective and continuing products and services.
HantarGo Express Company will collect your personal information as follows:
1. When you subscribe to one of our services or products, or when you create an account with us.
2. When you sign up for an account on the HantarGo website.
3. When you contact any of HantarGo Express Company entities/representatives via various means, such as application forms, emails and letters, phone calls and interactions with our staff in an HQ/ branch. If you contact us by phone, or if we contact you by phone, we may filter or record the call for quality assurance, training, and security purposes.
4. We may also collect your personal information if you participate in client surveys or choose to participate in any of our promotional campaigns/competitions.
5. When we acquire information and data from authorised third parties (such as credit reference agencies, administrative and enforcement authorities, recruitment organisations, business owners, schools, universities, and legitimate delegates).
The following are the reasons for collecting your personal information:
The nature of your relationship with us and/or our third-party service providers determines the purpose for which personal data is collected and further processed. Your personal information may be used for the following purposes: –
1. To process applications for creating an account with us for any of our products and services.
2. To authenticate your financial situation through a third party/approved credit agency.
3. To track and manage record keeping and to keep your account and facility up to date.
4. Internal analysis to examine the performance of our marketing initiatives, market survey, statistical analysis and modelling, reporting, audit and risk management, fraud prevention, and any other business-related purposes.
5. For the purposes of direct marketing and telemarketing.
6. Responding to inquiries and complaints.
7. For any other purposes permitted by law or with your consent.
Personal information disclosure:
Your personal data will be kept confidential; however, it may be shared with third parties who perform functions on HantarGo Express Company behalf and with whom we have contract agreements for some of our functions, services, and activities for the following purposes: –
1. Providing data to permitted delivery partners (sea/air/land freight).
2. Providing information to financial services (Insurance).
3. Providing information to Customer Service representatives.
4. Providing information to business professionals and external auditors.
5. Data distribution to database system providers.
6. Data providing with online payment gateway partners.
7. To any of our affiliates in and outside of Malaysia who are/are associated with HantarGo Express Company.
The disclosure of your information may include the exchange of your own information to locations outside of Malaysia, and by providing us with your own information, you consent to such an exchange where it is required to provide you with the services/products you have requested, as well as to carry out any legally binding commitments you have with HantarGo Express Company.
We may share your information for our own and others’ protection.
Your Legal Rights
1. Requesting access to personal data is a legal right.
You have the right to seek access to your personal data that we process with reasonable written notice, and we shall respond within 14 working days.
2. Right to request that personal data be corrected
With reasonable written notice, you have the right to seek the correction of your personal data that we hold.You can do the following in this regard:
1. request that your personal data that is inaccurate, missing, or out of date be corrected and/or updated.
2. require that your personal data be retained only for the time necessary to fulfil the above-mentioned Purpose.
Disputes and Complaints
If you have reason to suspect that we have violated the principles outlined in this notice, we encourage you to contact us.
Your Privacy Preferences and Contact Information:
Please keep in mind that regardless of your privacy preferences, we will protect your personal data.
If: (a) you would like to know more about HantarGo Express Company or have any specific or general concerns regarding HantarGo Express Company and this Notice, please contact us.
Tel/Call: 011-5421 8337
HantarGo Express Company has the right to deny your requests for access to and/or correction of your Personal Data for any reason permitted by law, such as if the cost of granting access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your privacy.
This Policy is subject to modification, and we reserve the right to edit, update, and/or adjust it at any time. Changes would be communicated to you by any appropriate way of communication or via our website.
Input your search keywords and press Enter.